ISO-50001:2018 Energy management system helps organizations better manage their energy use, thus improving productivity. It involves developing and implementing an energy policy, setting achievable targets for energy use, and designing action plans to reach them and measure progress. This might include implementing new energy-efficient technologies, reducing energy waste or improving current processes to cut energy costs.ISO 50001 gives organizations a recognized framework for developing an effective energy management system. Like other ISO management system standards, it follows the “ Plan-Do-Check-Act ” process for continual improvement.
ISO 50001 provides a set of requirements that enable organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy.
- Fix targets and objectives to meet that policy.
- Gather data to better understand and make decisions concerning energy use.
- Measure the results obtained• Review the effectiveness of the policy
- Continually improve energy management
ISO-50001:2018 standard is establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy security, energy use and consumption. ISO-50001:2018 aims to help organizations continually reduce their energy use, and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
What are the benefits of ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management?
- Identify and Manage the risks surrounding your future energy supply
- Measure and monitor energy use to identify where to improve efficiency
- Improve overall performance to cut energy consumption and bills
- Reduce carbon emissions and meet government reduction targets
- Demonstrate environmental credentials to increase tender opportunities